• Register Today It's free!

Oil Pressure Gauge/Sender

Mordecai

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer XLT OHV
Does anyone know if I can purchase a replacement wiring/connector for the Oil Pressure Gauge/Sender for the OHV? The old connector was completely corroded, and broke off with the old sender/sensor. I attempted to use some extra wire to fix the connection but it only resulted in intermittent readings on the dash gauge. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know if I can purchase a replacement wiring/connector for the Oil Pressure Gauge/Sender for the OHV? The old connector was completely corroded, and broke off with the old sender/sensor. I attempted to use some extra wire to fix the connection but it only resulted in intermittent readings on the dash gauge. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Yes, RockAuto has them. Under electrical connection

Yes, I believe I replaced the TEMPERATURE sender wire under the hood, I think it is the same part. It was a few bucks.

Yes, I believe I replaced the TEMPERATURE sender wire under the hood, I think it is the same part. It was a few bucks.
On rock auto the connector style I need is about 30 bucks, does that sound correct?

Nope, post a link.
It’s the Motorcraft one bottom of the list. The style is the little boot, but I didn’t expect to be paying 32 bucks.
F8DCA23C-7619-4959-8D4A-276AB3051287.jpeg

I guess the $33 is for the education in wire splicing and the bit of heat shrink 🤣

Back