• Register Today It's free!

oil pressure probleme

micducat

Reaction score
City, State
sedan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98
before a long time , on my explorer 98' i've a oil pressure probleme.
when i accelerate, the oil pressure is good, when i was at a sotp for exemple, the oil pressure is down and i have "check engine " light on.

i've changed the sensor of oil pressure, the oil (5w30) and the oil filter (motorcraft F87E 6714AA), but i've the same probleme....... but no code OBDII !!!!

any idea? this is the oil pump? another thing?
any solution for off this light "check engine?
thank you

Excuse my bad english, i'am french

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oil Pressure

I had the same problem with my 99 Sport V6. A mechanic friend told me when I change the oil pressure sending unit to be sure the passage is not blocked, a problem he has seen before. I removed the sensor cleaned out the passage and installed a new sensor and problem was gone.

Hope yours is that simeple. Good Luck

ok, it's possible, just before this problem, the tensionner of the secondairy chain has broken, certaindly a piece of plastique in the engine .....

Not sure there will be a code set. Are you getting a check engine light or a check gauge light? (warning light yellow or red?)

Install a manual gauge and see what your pressure really is. The gauge in these is nothing more than a glorified idiot light.

Just had this problem on my 2000 XLs replaced the sending unit and the problem went bye bye just make sure the parts house gives you the right one, Advanced Auto only showed one and it was wrong. Auto Zone had the correct one. Hope this helps Happy Holidays

Not sure there will be a code set. Are you getting a check engine light or a check gauge light? (warning light yellow or red?)

Install a manual gauge and see what your pressure really is. The gauge in these is nothing more than a glorified idiot light.

i have only the check engine light (red)

the are a bypass in the oil cicuit, where is it? near de filter oil? near the pump?

Back