old and new

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hi all, im a long time member, but i havent been posting much due to life getting in the way, but im the owner of a 2003 sport trac that i love and have been providing walk throughs and threads documenting its build as well as learning so much more from this forum and all of its great members.

when i started my sport trac build way back in 2011 or so, i was a single guy, and now in 2017 im a married man with a beautiful son and we are planning to try for more. so with how life has went for me and my need for more room and something to haul my little (and hopefully growing) family, i decided to purchase a brand new 2018 explorer XLT. the sport trac is still running great, reliable and strong as ever, but i needed something a little more comfortable, and something not as lifted and easier to get into for my wife and kid and in laws and everyone else. the third row seating is also a great feature too. we love this thing! anyway, i hope to post more as i add a few minor mods to our new toy. here they are, old and new.

the original
x30Ezq7.jpg

qdYOQj1.jpg

the new
GgFR9Dv.jpg

0Vm26tT.jpg

side by side
bmlL9IP.jpg

the sport trac is still the camping/deep woods rig, not to mention it pulls my boat and carries my bikes around. the new addition will be for hauling the family and snow trips/road trips/vacations. hope to post more pics soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great. I started getting Explorers in 1996 and every year I figure they could not get any better. I have been wrong every model year change. We traded a 2007 Explorer for a 2014 Wrangler 4 door. I just traded that Wrangler for a 2017 Platinum. I see you have a Wrangler in one of the photos, did you trade it out as well?

hi all, im a long time member, but i havent been posting much due to life getting in the way, but im the owner of a 2003 sport trac that i love and have been providing walk throughs and threads documenting its build as well as learning so much more from this forum and all of its great members.

when i started my sport trac build way back in 2011 or so, i was a single guy, and now in 2017 im a married man with a beautiful son and we are planning to try for more. so with how life has went for me and my need for more room and something to haul my little (and hopefully growing) family, i decided to purchase a brand new 2018 explorer XLT. the sport trac is still running great, reliable and strong as ever, but i needed something a little more comfortable, and something not as lifted and easier to get into for my wife and kid and in laws and everyone else. the third row seating is also a great feature too. we love this thing! anyway, i hope to post more as i add a few minor mods to our new toy.............. the sport trac is still the camping/deep woods rig, not to mention it pulls my boat and carries my bikes around. the new addition will be for hauling the family and snow trips/road trips/vacations. hope to post more pics soon.
Welcome to the 5th generation Forum.:wave:
I would suggest adding the 2018 XLT to a signature if you plan on keeping the 2003 Sport Trac as well so members will realize that you have a 5th gen. when replying to future posts in this forum. Good luck with the "minor mods".:)

Peter

Looks great. I started getting Explorers in 1996 and every year I figure they could not get any better. I have been wrong every model year change. We traded a 2007 Explorer for a 2014 Wrangler 4 door. I just traded that Wrangler for a 2017 Platinum. I see you have a Wrangler in one of the photos, did you trade it out as well?

thanks, our JK is my wife's toy, no trade out, it's paid for and sees limited action unless we go up to the mountains or just driving it around town to run errands. it'll be my son's someday when he is old enough to drive.

Welcome to the 5th generation Forum.:wave:
I would suggest adding the 2018 XLT to a signature if you plan on keeping the 2003 Sport Trac as well so members will realize that you have a 5th gen. when replying to future posts in this forum. Good luck with the "minor mods".:)

Peter
will do! thanks.

Back