One of a kind still dead | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

One of a kind still dead

Post number 8 has been selected as best answered.

JohnBlackWolf

Reaction score
City, State
Guilford Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer Sport
New fuel pump new coil cleaned pin connectors 1995 Explorer starts great goes about a quarter mile dies suddenly 32 to 38 lbs fuel pressure ideas ,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dies suddenly as in power loss like electrical? Don you lose the dash and everything? That would point to battery cables

If the engine just dies and then will start up again in a few that points to crank or cam sensor.
Could also be bad resistors in the pcm itself

If you can next time this happens check for spark, that will narrow things down

Dies suddenly as in power loss like electrical? Don you lose the dash and everything? That would point to battery cables

If the engine just dies and then will start up again in a few that points to crank or cam sensor.
Could also be bad resistors in the pcm itself
I put new crank sensor on , l did loose everything on dash, just ordered INNOVA 3145 OBD 1 code reader , should have gotten one before now , thanks for advice

Battery cables and connections are suspect

Pcm/eec relay also suspect

Battery cables and connections are suspect

Pcm/eec relay also suspect
I did clean up the battery cables and I'm not sure about PCM never even heard of one going to ask a friend to check it , Google said it's behind battery

As these computers get older and the engines lose sensors the pcms can fail, some of the power capacitors will expand and go out. Also corrosion issues on the connections and solder joints. The pcm in a 95 is mounted on the firewall below the passenger side wiper blade

Fuel filter change did you?

Reply from @JohnBlackWolf 3/20/24 (From new duplicate and deleted thread)

Finally got odb 1 scanner said low current to MAF , 2 out of 4 wire's were burned almost in half spiced back together and , on the road again, thanks for asking the help

Back