online service manual for A4LD

chris c

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
online service manual for A4LD???

My A4LD is suffering from the 1>2 cold shift problem. I want to take the speed governor out and clean it up. The job sounds easy enough, albeit time consuming. Just wondering if there is any online manuals for the A4LD so I can see some pics of the procedure.

I am not to cheap to buy a service manual, it's just that I wanted to do the job one night this week after work...

I got the ATSG manual for the a4ld, if you want I could try to scan off a couple pages for you. Let me know.

thanks, you got mail... :thumbsup:

Here's what's in the Ford Service manual for cleaning the Gov..

Governor

1)Inspect the governor primary valve (7C054) and bore for scores. Minor scores may be removed from the valves with crocus cloth. Replace the governor if the valves or body is deeply scored.

2)Check for free movement of the valve in the bore. The valve should slide freely of its own weight in the bore when dry. Inspect oil passages in the valve body and governor oil collector body (7D220) for obstructions. All oil passages must be clean.

3)Inspect the mating surfaces of the governor body and collector body for burrs and distortion. Mating surfaces must be smooth and flat.

Attachments

• al4dgovenor1.gif
    al4dgovenor1.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 4,897

Back