• Register Today It's free!

Opinions on Exhaust Systems

Egan

Reaction score
City, State
Granite Bay, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport Trac
I'm getting ready to upgrade the exhaust on my Sport Trac and I wanted opinions from people who have changed the exhaust with the 4.0L SOHC engine. I'm looking at Bassani, Gibson, and a custom flowmaster setup. I know one person you put on a 1in 2out flowmaster. He dynoed his ST and got 5hp and 15ft-lbs increase. I am concerned about the backpressure causing fouling in the throttle body. I would rather go with a design that was specifically tuned for my vehicle (like the Bassani and Gibson - Borla doesn't have a kit yet). Let me know what everyone thinks and what your experiences have been.

I have a flowmaster 50 series, I love it, its a dual in dual out setup tho, since I have the 5.0.. perhaps a custom system would be better, but I definatley wouldn't leave the flowmaster out of the desicion

Just installed stainless Gibson exhaust (Part #619993) onto my Sport Trac. Prior to making the purchase, I called Gibson to find out what I should expect as far as performance gains: 9 hp and 12 ft/lbs of torque. Can feel improvement, especially between 2000-3000 rpm range.

Back