opinions on rim sizes and tire preferance | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

opinions on rim sizes and tire preferance

what is the best rim size and tire size for an xlt with a 5.5" susp kit. what is an all around good tire for 4x4ing and highway.post your favorite. I'm interested in what you think looks best and preforms best. Do stock size rims and tires look funny with 5.5" susp. kit?

Hey JP i guess it really depends on what you use it for. If you rock crawl you don't have to have a mud terrain but can if you want, if it sees mud you need 'em i am kinda partial to bfg and super swamper and for the most part all the lines they offer are good for their intanded use. I Know you can run 31 and 32" tires with 5.5" lift and i have heard of 33 12.50 15 on there also but many guys with the 5.5" lift have a body lift to run 33's for more room for articulation. and yes i think the stock tires are too small for that lift. The oem rims are ok though. you need to go taller and wider especially if you go with any lift over 2 or 3 inches. hope this helps.

kyle

Back