Ordered my Limited on Friday! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered my Limited on Friday!

maerlim

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
300A Limited in Golden Bronze w/ Nav. Hoping I timed my order correctly so that it'll come in around early January. So if I have this correctly I need to talk to my sales person to get the order number and his dealer code so that Cory can track it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Believe you need the VIN also. That takes like a week or so to generate from what I understand (and take longer to get if you have an uncooperative dealer).

Believe you need the VIN also. That takes like a week or so to generate from what I understand (and take longer to get if you have an uncooperative dealer).

Yup make sure you have order number and VIN#. Then contact Cory. There's also a sticky on the forum page for how to view your window sticker online. It will let you know when you're build date is... approx 1-2 variance there.... it's the numbers in the bottom right of the window sticker. Congrats!

Cory was able to track mine with the dealer name/location and the order number. I didn't have a vin.

ETA TOMORROW!

Cory was able to provide me with some info, but I did just get the info back from my dealer that scheduled build date is 12/12 and delivery 12/19, for an almost exact 4-week turn-around. Is it possible to have an order be TOO fast? We ordered when we did so that we could pick it up in early January to avoid the personal property tax next year. It's going to be torture knowing it's at the dealer just waiting for me. Good thing Christmas with little kids makes the days go by quicker.

Hmm... what do "they" say about cars being built on Mondays. Hopefully mine goes through the line after everybody's had a few cups of coffee.

Woot, my Ex is expected to roll off the assembly line today! Happy Birthday to my new car! :)

My new Ex should arrive at the dealer today! We're not taking possession till January 2nd for tax purposes, so the next couple weeks are going to be an excruciating wait. The good news is I'll be on vacation from work during that time and it's the holidays so the time should fly by. I'll probably try to swing by the dealer to have a look at it today nevertheless. :)

It seems the new Ex is still sitting at the Factory waiting for shipment. This is starting to get me a little worried that we're going to miss our planned January 2nd delivery date. And here I thought the car would have to sit on the dealer's lot for a couple weeks. Let's hope they get it in transport in the next couple days!

The factory is shut down until the 3rd of Jan. Don't think anything is moving until after then. Mine is still sitting ther as well. :eek:(

After much delay it looks like I'll get to pick up my Explorer on Wednesday! I was told that there was a "hold" put on all explorers somewhere between when mine was built on the 14th and when it was scheduled to be delivered on the 21st. That hold was lifted, then the plant shutdown got in the way. Kind of a pain in the delivery process but at least I have a date now!

Can 2013 Explorer enhancements be added to my2012 Limited due to be built Jan 30th.

With the new 2013 Explorers due soon - will/can any of the enhanced features be added to a my2012 Limited 301 package - like heated steering wheel

Back