OTC 6488 tool is needed in the UK. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OTC 6488 tool is needed in the UK.

neilatkinson1981

Reaction score
City, State
newcastle upon tyne
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer SOHC
hi folks i'm new to posting on the forum but have had a lot of very useful information off you guys over the last few months.

i'm in the process of replacing the timing chains on my explorer 4.0 SOHC. as you guys know i'll need the timing tool set otc 6488 and being in the uk i just can't get one.

are there any UK members that have a kit handy that i could buy, hire or borrow as my engine will be out in next few days and my chain kit will be here from the states in a few days. but if i can't find a uk based tool kit i'm gonna be held up another week at least

if anyone can help (i'm not sure how the message system works on this forum being a noobie) might be best to add me on face book i'm on as neil 'atty' atkinson. just add me as a friend then we can sort it out

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so how do i get into the uk section and post there do i need to change an option somewhere?

welcome to the forum

Back