Out with the blue and in with the new, tuners that is.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Out with the blue and in with the new, tuners that is..

Doug904

Sponsor
Reaction score
City, State
Jasper, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Roush GT
Hey guys,

Well I've ordered my last two blue Micro Tuner it seems, SCT has informed me that they will no longer carry the Micro Tuner. Still however I do carry a flash tuner, the X-calibrator or small black box in my banner ad works basically the sameway except it doesn't have a LCD screen to follow nor will it retrieve trouble codes.

Good part though, it's alot cheaper! Since I'm no longer offering the Micro Tuner I've dropped my price on the X-calibrators to $325 for the unit and if you want to use the Free tuning software simply add $40 for the programming cable. A tuner for the same price as a chip is hard to beat.

Now for better news, SCT is about to release a newer version of the X-calibrator that WILL retrieve trouble codes and come with a LCD screen. Not only that but it will also Datalog most of your engine's sensors and other values. The final icing on the cake, it not only works for EEC5 Ford's but it will also work on CAN fords( 02up 4-door Explorers, 04up F150's and 05 Mustangs just to name a few).

It will have a USB port for a direct hookup into a PC. Finally in the future they will have a small color screen that will be available for purchase that will hook into the unit and display all the readings in color.

Finally you will also be able to trade in your old X-calibrator units with a small fee and upgrade to the newer ones, if you so choose.

The retail on the new X-calibrator will be close to that of the Micro Tuner, around $400-425 or so I'm told, nothing actually in stone yet. The release date for this unit will be Mid-March.

Here's a computer rendering they've sent me today....

xcal.jpg

Just wanted to keep everyone upto date on things to come from Bamachips and SCT.

Thanks, Doug.

Back