over 250,000 mi | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

over 250,000 mi

306,000 mi. and still running strong. I've only replaced the radiator (fan clutch and water pump) and really nothing more. Minor rear main seal leak, but nothing bothersome. I believe the towing package upgrade has been well worth its price at the dealer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im at 110,000 miles!!! yea!!!

Just a Baby here with 173,000 - Minor maintance(tune-ups, oil changes, changed the rear shocks last night, brakes, etc..... all done in my driveway or garage) Thank you Jesus!! I love this truck!!

my old 92 explorer had 179,000 on it when i got rid of it,and its still around running strong,has almost 200,000 on it,my friend owns it..and my current 92 explorer it a baby compared to some on here..it has 77,000 original miles on it,i got lucky with this one,only bought it for 500.00,found it sitting at a local repair shop,someone dropped it off to get the trans replaced and couldnt afford to get it fixed,so he gave them the title,i paid for the cost of the transmission which was 500,only thing it needed was tires which i had,got rid of them crappy 235.75.15's for my 265.75.15's

244,000 on mine. Been a great truck. 3 Trans, 1 rebuilt (#@$%%^*) Water pump, blown heads at 60k, radiator, rear main seal, o2 sensors, egr, fan clutch, 2 fans, alternator, ac lines, fuel injectors @ 240k. 4.0 still has great compression.
But still would rather pay the maint. than new car payment + ins. any day!

256,000 until head gasket blew (again) and am currently rebuilding a new motor. But it was a strong 256k!

157,500 here. Simple oil changes, but it survived an owner who cared for the interior better than the engine bay. Fouled plugs original motorcraft wires at LEAST 5 years old and a really bad oil filter.

Talk about an engine that won't die!!

here-here.... bought mine with 189k on it and now got 209k on it ,rebuilt the transmission . the truck was bought new as a fleet vehicle for some corporation so i would imagine that it recieved very good care for the beginning of it's life till the second owner got ahold of it ( at least thats what my carfax report tells me) the second owner....ought to be shot :rolleyes: when i bought the truck it had been sitting in the woods for 3 years and just about every sensor on it was shot and to top it all off the factory plugs and wires were still on it ! i had to bust one of the plugs apart to get it out of the head but when you looked at the gap on the electrodes honestlly there must had been at least almost a
1/4 gap ! so needless to say since the orig' owner i'm the best thing to happen to it .

Back