P0455 2010 Explorer No gas cap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0455 2010 Explorer No gas cap

devling

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 EB
I'm clearing a P0455 code every week or so after seeing a fuel inlet warning message on my 2010 Explorer. Issue is that theere is no gas cap on the 2010 and I'm wondering what seals on the gas inlet are candidates for repair?

Other ideas?

Thanks much - Gary

That is a new system, so you will want your Ford dealer to inspect and repair it. Your vehicle must still be under warranty.

The EVAP system monitor does not usually know the cause of the air leak, but puts out the "gas cap code" (?) because the leak is very big. But with Ford's new capless system it may be quite different.

A P0455 is a gross leak, while a P0457 is a fuel cap off or loose. A P0456 is a very small leak.

Good luck.

Hi devling, I believe that Town here maybe right and Honestly, I didn't know the exact codes regarding the gas caps, so thank you for that.

you should have that checked on just to be safe. cheers~

Resurrection!!!

I just experienced this problem. Since the 10's are capped a vacuum must be engaged so that the fuel code is not turned on. On mine the rubber seal inside the gas inlet moved enough to allow suction loss. I repositioned it and cleared the code. If u don't clear the code yourself you will have to wait until the computer cycles it out. Don't be surprised when the check engine light comes on because it will. This is just part of the cycling.

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.

Back