• Register Today It's free!

P0455 & Ford Extended Warranty

hwydave

Reaction score
City, State
Torrance, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 XLT, 1999 XL (RIP)
Few weeks ago my '09 Explorer with 120k on the clock shows a message of "check fueling cap". I used the WD-40 lubricating the fuel cap hinge approach recommended by FordTechMakuloco. The method works for a few days and then the service engine soon light came on and I got a code of P0455. Thanks to the post by Patricia Dunn, I found out from owner.ford.com that my truck has a Filed Service Actions, Easy Fuel Capless Fuel Fill Pipe Extended Warranty. Further Google search found the Ford Customer Satisfaction Program 13N01 for 2008-2010 Explorer capless fuel pipe extended warranty. (https://testing-public.carmd.com/Tsb/Download/105729/R13N01)

Long story short, I bought my truck to the dealership and they did a compression test to confirm that the pipe is the indeed the issue. Dealership ordered the parts and the P0455 issue is resolved. It has only been 3 days since the repair, but so far so good.

I hope everyone's truck does not have this problem, but just in case you got the annoying check fuel cap message and P0455 code, you can look into the extended warranty.

BTW, I saw the bill that dealer is charging Ford for the service ($685). I think the bill will be higher if it is a customer pay repair.

Back