P1260 Alarm going off sporadically | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P1260 Alarm going off sporadically

Hyper26414

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
5.0L 98 XLT
Does anyone know any possible fixes for this I have checked all of the fuses. Or causes of this for that matter???????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody this thing is annoying at 2:30 in the morning!!!!!!!

Replacing the battery solved that issue with my 96.

Replacing the battery solved that issue with my 96.

My battery is a less than six month old red top optima. I will have it tested for good measure but I don't think that is the problem. Thank you though.

disconnect the hood switch and see if it goes away? I think it just grounds the signal, not sure

disconnect the hood switch and see if it goes away? I think it just grounds the signal, not sure

I tried this too and it didn't work any other suggestions????

I was just down at the local Ford service center talking to them about a simular problem I was having with my '97. I'm not sure how much changed between yours and mine but they thought i might be having an issue with one of the lock cylinders that was getting bad (causing the arm lead to be contacted) and causing the system to arm. mine was famous for getting out of the x and having the alarm go off. I am going to dig into my cylinders and see whats up. you might take a look there on yours. Does yours have a PATS key?

have you ever thought that someone might be trying to break into your X at 2:30 in the morning?

have you ever thought that someone might be trying to break into your X at 2:30 in the morning?

Could happen sure but not every night and when I run out in the cold in nothing but under roos and no one is there I think not. :D

Back