• Register Today It's free!

paint and wheels

SomethingRadical

Reaction score
City, State
San Clemente california
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 sport trac limited v6
currently have a stock 07 limited 2wd v6 and i wanted to paint it either white or black, the front grille is chrome and i hate it but it looks like it wasnt painted, it looks like a sticker so is it possible to paint over it or do you have to peel the sticker off? want opinion on whether i should paint it white or black and also i want new wheels and tires so any opinion on those would be great too, thank you.

I had my chrome grille painted black a few years ago. It looks much better than chrome.

currently have a stock 07 limited 2wd v6 and i wanted to paint it either white or black, the front grille is chrome and i hate it but it looks like it wasnt painted, it looks like a sticker so is it possible to paint over it or do you have to peel the sticker off? want opinion on whether i should paint it white or black and also i want new wheels and tires so any opinion on those would be great too, thank you.

You can paint over the chrome finish, but it helps to do a first coat of self etching primer to give whatever you put over it something to stick to.

Back