Part number for a lower radiator hose that actually fits V8 non oil cooler | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Part number for a lower radiator hose that actually fits V8 non oil cooler

bigcrunch

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 v8
I went to replace radiator hoses the lower has been a challenge first one was a CONTINENTAL 62268 fits real nice at the water pump at the radiator too large even cinching the clamp it leaks. Then acquired a DAYCO 71985 fits like a glove at the radiator at the water pump pretty tight even with lube it did not make it all the way on about 1/4" short but I did clamp it and looks to be holding.
Anyone have a manufacturer\part # that fits like original???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes order lower hose for 99-01 explorer they did not have the oil cooler

I will never install the 96-97 oil cooler instead I use parts from the 98-01 and delete it

Right, I am looking for a hose that is not made incorrectly .

Yes order lower hose for 99-01 explorer they did not have the oil cooler

I will never install the 96-97 oil cooler instead I use parts from the 98-01 and delete it
I've used those hoses from both Gates and Dayco, every one I've bought did fit.

BTW, have you experienced any or many of those oil coolers having internal leaks? I haven't with the 302's, but my 95 Crown Vic did after about the 150k mile mark. I had a full crankcase one day and the radiator was almost empty(after working on my route with it).

So the OEM coolers do have a poor reputation. I'd like to have an oil cooler for my better project truck, but I don't want any internal leak. An external cooler would have to be fairly large, and space will already be tight.

Yes I have had one cooler leak before internally
After that I never installed another

Many of the hoses they sell these days are “generic” and “cut to fit” because they fit a number of applications

Back