Part search: 94 4WD brake caliper pins | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Part search: 94 4WD brake caliper pins

jtison

Reaction score
City, State
W Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT/155 Kmiles 4x4
Are these dealer parts only?

I was taught to replace the caliper pins at every brake job. I'm due for one. Can't seem to find any pins online. Do I need to go to the dealer for these?

TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. Appreciate it ... I'll go on an extended hunt for them.

I know they're more than a "few" years old ... the last brake job I had done, I sat and watched. They reused the old ones, didn't grease them, and now the LF rotor (that was the one they had to replace) is warped again. So I think I'll just replace the pins like I was taught ... it's pretty good insurance for just a few bucks (provided I can find them!).

Any auto store should have them. I got mine at autozone. You can reuse them as long as they are in ok shape.

seconded..i just picked some up at autozone a few weeks ago when i did my brake job

BrooklynBay said:
What does AutoZone charge for them?

Just a couple of bucks here. Since you're in New York, probably more expensive than here.

mine were less than $10..i noticed that price difference as well on a road trip to virginia...

hahahaha oh man where have you guys been! Every auto parts store has a different price from zip code to zip code, heck I remember Ford wanted $85 for a reverse sensor for a mazda 5 speed special order, I went across the street to mazda and they wanted $30 and had it in stock...it pays to shop around.

The price from one napa tothe next will vary here in the same city, its all supply and demand man....

Just picked up a set (2 pins) today at NAPA, for my '94 Explorer 4x4...........$9.54................part#82471, "guide pin."

Aloha, Mark

PS..........I hope it's the correct part.........I'll know this afternoon, when I start working on replacing them.

You need 2 sets since each side takes 2.

Back