• Register Today It's free!

Passenger Seat Belt

tpark24

Reaction score
City, State
Keizer, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
The front seat belt on the passenger side grabs and tightens for no reason. This is causing me grief from my girl friend. Can the pretesioner be adjusted? It is an 08 Eddie Bauer edition.

Tthanks,
Terry

Something is amiss. The way I understand it is that the tensioner is only supposed to work in a collision, I think the manual spells it out. I think that the seat is actually able to tell the weight range of the sitter and pull tension (in the event of a collision) accordingly.

It might be a bad sensor but you should really read the manual OR make a visit to a dealer. As far as I know, there is no 'adjustment'. This kind of electronic wizardry is what scares me to death about modern cars.

The passenger seatbelt on my vehicle wanted to do that early on too. The solution is to pull the belt all the way out until you can go no further and then slowly let it wind back in. You might have to do this more than once but it fixes the tensioner from unexpectedly grabbing/locking when there is no reason for it.

I found if you don't pull it all the way out. when putting it on it won't tighten.. have the same issue with my wife riding shotgun

Back