PATS Bypass Module (For Remote Start) 1 key | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PATS Bypass Module (For Remote Start) 1 key

vaford

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
Hi all, I am installing a remote start on my 2000 Explorer. I need a PATS bypass module but only have one key. Does anyone know of any bypass modules that do not require using a second key to program the module? I really do not want to break open my only key and glue the chip to the ignition cylinder and obviously a bypass that stores a second or "cloned" key isn't going to work either. I really do not want to get another key made for this thing. I guess if worse comes to worse I could get a second standard key made and destroy the original and glue the chip but there has to be a better way. I bought a 555p module but didn't realize you would need a second key.

They make a bunch of different modules for it.

You can probably buy them locally from anyone who installs alarm systems.
For the one you bought, I think most autoparts stores can now copy your key with pats for around $20-30.

A locksmith quoted me $65 to have the second key made. Which is probably my only option. All of the modules i have looked at need a key or need two seperate keys to program the modules. So im stuck. I will most likely just buy the second key. Hate to shell out that kind of money for a key but i guess the price really isnt that bad.

Back