PCM Update

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ranger
My '08 finally started the accessory drive squeak, there is a TSB, so I took it to the dealer this morning. Ordered the parts for that, also they told me there was an update to the PCM that they put in. Just a heads up.
Also they reflashed the transmission. Been taking its own sweet time going into reverse.
Something about a KAM module too that I didn't understand. :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just took mine in for the "slow to go into reverse" and got a PCM update. I really ain't ready for them to crack the pan on mine. I only got 4500 miles. I will see when it's cold if it fixed mine. Mine does not do this when it is hot. Does yours do it all of the time? Mine also doesn't have the accessory drive squeak yet.

Thanks
Clay

Mine has 23,000 miles. Going from Park to Reverse is okay, it's when you go from Drive to Reverse that it takes its sweet old time. Does it all the time, hot or cold.
The squeak was worse over the winter. When the weather warmed up it went away until yesterday when it suddenly got really loud.

Is this an issue with the V6, V8 or both?

Just the V6 as far as I know.

Just the V6 as far as I know.

Nope. I had it fixed on my v8, too. It sounded like a train whistle at temps below 40F.

Got it done yesterday, apparently the fix is a new belt and alternator bracket.

I have an '08 V6. Since there is no TSB out, if I just take my truck in to the dealer and tell them I want the latest ECU & tranny flash, will they know what I'm talking about?

They may or may not depending on the dealer. Some dealers are really good about checking Oasis for updates and they really know their stuff. Some are still in the dark ages and only learn about things like this when customers like you bring in a vehicle and tell them about a reflash. More than likely if it is a big dealership, the technicians will know.

Got it done yesterday, apparently the fix is a new belt and alternator bracket.

Anyone know what the TSB Number is for the Accessories squeel? I've had this happening too but thought it was casue of my Pulley's!?

thanks!?

Anyone know what the TSB Number is for the Accessories squeel? I've had this happening too but thought it was casue of my Pulley's!?

thanks!?

08 04 02, which replaces part number 6L3Z-6C348-A

If you have it, you'll know it. VERY annoying, and almost embarrassing. Well, you don't get cold enough for it to get REAL bad.

They may or may not depending on the dealer. Some dealers are really good about checking Oasis for updates and they really know their stuff. Some are still in the dark ages and only learn about things like this when customers like you bring in a vehicle and tell them about a reflash. More than likely if it is a big dealership, the technicians will know.
Awesome! Thank you!

Back