• Register Today It's free!

PCV Valve

Shamrock

Reaction score
City, State
South Bend
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Not to sound lile a moron, but where on earth is the pcv valve on a 98 sohc exploder? I can't find it for the life of me.

I think it's way in the back behind the intake plenum (i think that's what it's called). There are two hoses meeting at a "T" and at the bottom of the "T" (the perpendicular part) is where the PCV is attached. I've never confirmed this, but if mine's rattling still, i'm not going thru the trouble to replace it.

What I'd like to learn is how the heck to get to all the spark plugs! the back one or 2 on the passenger side look blocked by the A/C system!!

Ditto on the plugs and wires. How the heck does one get to those back ones? From underneath?

Like everyone with a SOHC, I'm still looking for my PCV valve. I've found where the two horizontal hoses come together at a "T" with a vertical hose, so I assume that this is the PCV valve's location.

Regarding changing the back spark plugs, I pull both front tires and go at most of the plugs through the wheel wells. It's still not particularly easy, but at least you have access to all of the spark plugs.

Back