• Register Today It's free!

Pcv

bigfoot8931

Reaction score
City, State
Farnborough
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 and 2000 North Face
So I've been advised that my PCV (Positive Crank Ventilation Valve) on my UK 2000 Ford Explorer 4.0 V6 SOHC needs changing. So I got the replacement. All the Haynes manual says is that it's on the left hand side of the engine. However book refers to LHD and mine's RHD. I still can't find the damn thing. I know it should be easy to replace, but I have to find it first. Checked the usual hoses, the hose that exits the right rocker cover and goes into air inlet by the Air meter would have been my guess but there is not one there. Any help would be appreciated.:uk

yep, just to the left of center (while facing the engine) on the back of the intake. it's a real PITA to change, but not as hard as on the V8. if you stick your head in as far as possible from the passenger side front fender, you can just see it. it sits on top of a hose and has a plastic "T" fitting on top of it with a small hose running to each side of the intake. it's held in place by a gray colored plastic toothed clamp that must be released to allow the valve to pull out of the hose. if your hose is old and stiff/brittle it can be near impossible to pull the valve out. worst PCV valve location ever - thanks Ford...

Back