• Register Today It's free!

Performance Chips

zotos24

Reaction score
City, State
Macomb, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
I just got a 2002 Explorer XLT 4.0 V6 and i was wondering what performance chip will get me:

- The most Horsepower and gas mileage
- or just The most horsepower
- or just The most gas mileage

I just want to see what is out there. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no one uses a "chip" anymore. It's all done with flash tuners. The sct tuners are generally thought to be the best option for explorers. www.hensonperformance.com is where we buy them. He is a vendor here on the site, goes by Jah81592. They have a few different devices available, one just for economy that is a little cheaper. And a couple of different ones for performance or economy, with various extra features.

Thank you! i will definitely be looking them up in the near future. I am just trying to get my V6 to have the acceleration and speed and shifting like a V8. quicker basically.

Do some more reading in this section of the forum. You may be disappointed with just a tune. Generally speaking, most guys look to let the engine breath better first (intake and exhaust mods) and then follow that with a tune.

He wants his 4.0 to fly like my 4.6. I'll probably be helping him with all the work he does on his ex btw. Doin the intake mod and probably exhaust first. Then well wory about the stc tuner.

Yeah d I know you will be helpig me. Haha but I will do the intake mod and exhaust first. Then work on some other things...

Not sure how much you'd like to spend, but if you want 4.6 power from a 4.0 SOHC you could take a look at this thread:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300767

Intake/exhaust will help for sure regardless. Also if you can find one, an underdrive 4.0 crank pulley from ASP also helps!

Back