• Register Today It's free!

Perry's Fiber Fenders

Mat R

Reaction score
City, State
Woodinville(and all of western)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'85
This is directed to nayone that has experience with Perry's Fiberglass Fender/Hood/Grille kit for 91-94 Explorers that gives them the new style front end.

First, where did you purchase the front clip?

How did you attach the hood to the vehicle? Hood pins? Latch? both?

If you used hood pins, did you fabricate the mounts yourself? Did you do the drilling into the hood yourself?

Rick mentioned that the fenders "didn't fit like stock". How DO they fit? Is there spaces, do they rattle?

Did anyone do the install themselves, and how much trimming of the fiberglass did you have to do for them to fit?

Thanks for any help,

Mat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump

I'll try to answer in detail tomorrow.

I got mine directly from their (Perry's) shop. You can either pick it up or have it shipped.

My hood is held down with Autofab Hood Pins. They are not included. The mounts are custom fabricated angle brackts attached to the radiator core support. I did not drill the hood myself or actually mount the glass, it was done by the shop that installed my Dana 44.

I'll try to get some shots that show the fit of the glass fenders. The gap between the fenders and doors are not as tight as the factory fenders would be. They also don't line up 100% with the hood, but pretty close. Rattling is not a problem.

A really good body shop or an individual with patience and experience with 'glass could make the fenders and hood fit better by trimming them to fit. My body shop asked me if I wanted them to do that and I declined, not wanting to incur the additional costs involved.

Perry's Front clip

I installed my front clip on my '91 Navajo. It was an adventure to say the least.I have no previous body-work experience, but the project came out looking pretty good.Like rick said, the fenders don't match with the doors as good as factory.I built them out w/fiberglass to fill in the gap and even them out. They came to me cut a little uneven(typical for aftermarket fiberglass parts).I also used hood pins bought at the local auto zone.you do have to modify the frame in the front to get the "kit" to fit. unfortunately I had to use the trial and error method.e-mail me if you have any specific questions, like I said I'm not a pro, but maybe i can help.

Thanks for the help guys.

Rick I would definitely be more interested in more pictures, as Perry's Site doesn't have a ton.

Scott you said you filled them our with fiberglass to even them out? How did you do that, extra fiberglass or some type of liquid?

Thanks Again,
Mat

If you have no previous fiberglass experience, i wouldn't recommend trying it.Not that it is hard, it takes practice to get good results.You could probably find someone to do it for a reasonable price(and get professional results).

Scott! I noticed you are selling your Navajo! Can you send me a photo to Brian@explorerforum.com

Back