Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Hey Guys!

Dealer surprised me today. My LS430 arrived this morning and it was ready for me to pick it up at 2:30. I didnt get around to it until around 5 PM though and I've been sifting through the mountain of manuals so far. The main manual for the car is literally 700 pages long, and the manual for the navigation system/phone setup etc is another 500 or so. LOTS of reading! Its going to take me forever to learn how to use all the functions and features of the car.

Love the car! Its an upgrade from my LS400 in every way. It was sad to see her go, we logged a lot of miles and hours together but the new car is fantastic. That ol 98 will make somebody really happy...

The color is fantastic, its perfect. I love the dark look, not stark like black on black would have been. It has a real glimmer and the metallic flake looks a mile deep. The wood interior is unreal. Its an "antique" wood only availiable on the Luxury models and it gets darker towards the edges of the wood panel like an antique peice of furnature would as you remove/add varnish. We lost our light admiring it in the driveway so no pictures yet, but my son says he'll do it early next week when he details it while I'm in NYC.

It only had 6 miles on it ;) Already has almost 70 just from the two of us driving it home. It has dynamic lighting that follows the roadway when you turn. Love the smart key. Unlock and start the car all without getting your keys out of your pocket. The doors and trunk even close themselves, just pull it softly against the latch and a motor pulls it shut. Active cruise control works great! ...its just an amazing car.

Lease worked out perfectly even on the upgraded car, I wont be out a dollar from my own pocket. Had to buy a new cell phone which is a real downer because Sprint (the company that my company pays for) doesn't have any Bluetooth phones, only AT&T does, so I bought this stupid looking blue thing. Hopefully something better will come out with bluetooth soon. We'll have to work out the phone at the office next week.

Happy man :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lucky ******* :D

Drive it in the best of health.

I only have 8 :(

8 stock speakers as well (+ my sub)

Who needs adapive cruise? DRIVE!

Who needs "smart" doors? Not enough elbow grease?

Nav system? Can't fold a map?

Dynamic lighting? Just add some KCs! (coming soon)

Just giving you some shiznit ;)

Great choice Stephen. Always loved Lexuses (Lexi?). Post a pic or two.

Congrats man, but
wpics.gif

I've ridden in the LS 430 and they are awsome! What a car, what a car.

Congrats Stephen!!! I can't wait for the pics!! :)

Don't read the manuals, Just start pushing buttons. Thats how I learn! Until you hit a brick wall, then, and only then, look in the book. Have fun with her! Can't wait for pics!:p

The nav system at least is way too complicated to not read the manual lol. I usually just learn by pushing buttons too, but its going to take me a while to learn to use lol. Luckily its designed so you can't fiddle with most of it while you're driving.

Congrats! a new toy is always fun.

so does it wipe your @$$ too?:D that is a lot of gizmos and gadgets!:)

Im more fond of an old classic truck with manual windows and locks lol.

**** it does just about everything else. Now if it would go out, earn a living and pay for itself then it'd be really advanced LOL

LOL!

Sounds cool Stephen...best of luck figuring out all the gizmos....don't drill too many holes in the manuals....:D

Subscribe

Congrats. I like the GS series :p

LOL! I'm getting the hang of it slowly but surely ;)

Naa, LS is better than the GS! The GS is old news! ;)

Naa, GS is a nice car I just like the big smooth ride.

Originally posted by Stephen
The GS is old news!

Well, yes, it is. But it's being redesigned (or rather, is redesigned) and will be relesed soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back