PICS of how to put Neon in grill | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PICS of how to put Neon in grill

Ok, i have been getting alot of requests on how i fit a 30" Street Glow gold series neon in my grill, and i finally got off my butt and undid my grill to take pics for ya'll (actually, i installed a blue Street Glow gold seires underbody kit on my friends 2001 Explorer Sport today also :) )

TO SEE THE PICTURES VERY VERY BIG CLICK ON LINKS BELOW THE POSTED PICTURES

This is the me looking at my car, the grill down....you can see the neon lit there
Dead Link Removed

http://www.fototime.com/{096B2328-ADA4-49D8-92AB-DB24EB1F496F}/picture.JPG

This is a shot of me kinda behind my car...holding my grill, so you can get a forward shot on where the neon is placed.
Dead Link Removed

http://www.fototime.com/{DB06E8E0-F5C0-40D6-B0B6-B4D64B276EDB}/picture.JPG

Just another side shot, for ya'll to get the feel for where it is.
Dead Link Removed

http://www.fototime.com/{88D1360F-78EF-47F3-9643-83D63DB1C725}/picture.JPG

A faraway shot showing placement -
Dead Link Removed

http://www.fototime.com/{5BDED921-6538-4252-B247-4CF51B9BB1D1}/picture.JPG

A close up shot, showing how the tube fit under a plastic support...the tube i have fits very snuggly.
Dead Link Removed

http://www.fototime.com/{BE5B8CF4-9187-4B16-8BC9-B54379B0FE5A}/picture.JPG

Hope this help's ya'll

Carleton

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I forgot to mention -

In the second picture, you can see how the plastic holds the neon in place on the left side, and if you look carefully, on the right side, you see a zip-tie. What i did, was drilled two holes, and ran a zip-tie through, so as the neon would not fall forward (didn't need to worry about it moving side to side)

Anyway, the neon, as said, is very snug in there...fits absolutly perfectly.

Carleton

Lastly, for some reason, you need to cut and paste the links.

However, if you really want to see the pictures BIG, i mean huge to see all the details, i would recomend doing this, but for size sake on the board, i made them smaller. (each pic about >400kb full size)

You're a friggin' god.

can i get a headon shot of that puppy? i wanna see if it'll be worth doin on my off-road rig.

When you say head on shot...you mean at night?

If so -

Dead Link Removed

Carl

bmxboy

where did you get the replacement streetglow underbody tube??

about how much did it cost??

and did it come with the all the wiring needed??

thanks

On the BuyNeonLights.com website you can buy individual replacement neons that originally come with the underbody kit. That particular 30 inch Goldline series tube is $29.99.

NICE RIDE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

must be fun getting everyhead to turn when u drive down the street, cops too, but your neons in your footwell and all your lights seem really bright compared to my friends, just wondering what brand u get?
thx:bounce:

Hey! Thanks for the compliments.

The neons that i have been using are Street Glow's Gold Series.

I have a purple underbody kit, and 3 extra tubes under there (two 12" and one 30") to kill the dead spots.

I also have four 12" Green neons, one in each wheel well.

FOr some reason, everyone i've showed my car off to says my neons are brighter than theirs (even if they have Street GLow)

I guess i lucked out :rolleyes: :)

Carleton

carl that is a crazy set up of neons, i went to your link a while ago and saw the strobes in the vents, very original. i read in this post, even though im about 2 months late ( i found the thread in a search ), that you installed blue neons on your friends 2001 sport. do you have pics? if so could you post them? thanks

Better to reply now then never :)

Thanks for the compliments...here's my friend Frankie's 2001 Explorer Sport

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Carl

thanks man those are some nice rides. im def getting a kit for my truck.

thos houses in the background look really nice. i know it has nothing to do with this.. but just thought id mention it. your friends x looks sweet, but not as sweet as yours

Originally posted by jssong
thos houses in the background look really nice. i know it has nothing to do with this.. but just thought id mention it. your friends x looks sweet, but not as sweet as yours

hehe, thanks

You know it would look real hot if you were able to use that neon to light the ford symbol on the front. I dunno how you'd go about doing that though.

Originally posted by unabonked
You know it would look real hot if you were able to use that neon to light the ford symbol on the front. I dunno how you'd go about doing that though.

Actually, for a while i did have it there....cause before i got my billet grill i had the lit ford emblem in the front of my explorer...

However, it soon died on me :( Looked pretty cool actually ::)

Carl

dude those are some phat lights... any tips on how to do the grille thing in a 93... im considering one of the billet grille replacements so if i put lights in the hood would that do the trick at all?

Thanks for the compliments....

I really don't know the exact set up for an older style Explorer, buy my friend has one, so i may go take a look at it this weekend and see if i come up with any ideas...

Carl

damn carl, thats pretty sweet.

im thinking of setting up a black light in my Ranger's grille, but it depends on what happens in the next few weeks concerning my new car. if i end up getting the grand cherokee, im going to put lights in the grille of that. and i might see if Paul (you know the bmxtrix guy) wants to do the same if it looks good. maybe i will put some lexan over the back part of it to protect it when i go off-roading.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are the zip ties noticable from the outside front? How big are the holes that you drilled? Thanx!

Back