Pictures of the pug shuttle.

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
I'm trying to post photos of the pug shuttle. I resized them and used photo bucket but it's hit or miss

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 172

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks a lot nicer than mine.

It looks great for its age. It's impossible to keep anything in that type of condition where I live. The rocker panels rust through. People (or should I say animals) see a fresh paint job then use their keys to scratch the entire side from end to end. You leave it parked in the street or a parking lot then see dents, cracked bumpers, lights, and scratches hours later. You park in a parking lot of a hardware store, and somebody comes along with a box cutter. They slash the tire that is the newest with the best tread. You go down bumpy streets that the city doesn't pave then get broken exhaust pipes or ball joints. I hardly use my van anymore for a number of reasons. On top of all this, every month the city keeps installing speeding & red light cameras.

We've had 2 cars keyed here when we parked on the street,and it's just a little town. don-ohio :)^)

I feel your pain I was a NJ state cop and retired as a shift commander with 27 years before I cam disabled. Out here used cars cost more no rust. I'm has zero rust I'm dealing with a crash corse of up keep I bought it off the original owners. I need all new rubber bushings and a transfer case and that's it. With 152,000 miles. Brook I contacted that member who was the transfer guru and he gave me an interesting opinion. Instead of a Dana 28he said buy a be 1354 manual out of a 90-94 ranger only they go for $350. Used it will give me a true 4x4. 2 hi 4 lo hi but cut out the awd. Awd is no biggie for me since I don't drive in NJ snow rain or black ice. I just wanted 4 low. I been camping and rain came and your stuck in muck. A little extra tork is nice or pull up a boat ramp with 4x4. I'm not rock crawling or butt head stuff. Any input on the be. Brook did you look at the lift kit. I contacted the company that has the front lift $60.00 total for 2" of lift in the front. He checking about the rear for cups instead of the home made cups the guy did. But it works.
Robert

I took a look at the link. The auto parts stores sell coil spring spacers. Maybe you could use those to get a little lift? They're readily available, and not that expensive. They also sell urethane bushings.

I saw that also the fronts are made out of aluminum and the part number listed was for an Aerostar. Our spring I think was a pig tail bottom does that matter? Because daystar sells a lifting cup spacer and does not fit an Aerostar. I called them there's fits explorer bk2 ranger. The rubber ones in auto zone I saw does not state what type of spring bottom they fit.

Thanks when I spoke to the folks at specialty performance they explained the Aerostar has unequal a arm suspension were 3/4 in space compounds the lift to give almost 2" lift. And the odd duck spring is curl top pig tail bottom. I asked him about ranger springs which a few guys have done on there Aerostar on the other forum. He was concerned that even though there bolted on the bottom if you don't have both arm bottom to look at to see of the ranger cup will fit right so there's no chance of binding or poping out. Any thoughts about the ranger case.

That's were I got my info from a lot of Aerostar members there. Those guys are doing things like Cherokee axles in ranger and explorer. Lifts ect... When I get paid fri I'll go for a paid member ship. The amount of information here is worth many times mores.

Back