Pismo Dune Meet Jan.30th | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pismo Dune Meet Jan.30th

are you going on saturday and maybe going to camp, or is it still a maybe if you're going at all....? i am bringing my quad if i can find a trailer for it....last time i took it we just threw it in the back of a silverado, but if i take the ex i will need a trailer, but i don't have extra cash to go rent a flatbed, but if i come up on one i will definately be bringing it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's still a maybe for me. I'd try to head out the night before.

Depends on if the wife has already planned anything for the weekend. I'd tow it for you but I have a receiver carrier for my bike.

ok, very sorry...I'm a little slow...when is everyone that is camping showing up??? I would rather not be the loser freezing my ass off on the beach by himself:)

If I go (which I'm purty set on doing) I will be camping out overnight cuz it aint worth it not to...plus camping overnight is the ****! anyways, when y'all goin out? Maybe saturday morning earliesh sounds good, then cruise home on sunday.

I would love to bring my bike but my fork seals are blown and I'm STILL waiting 4 parts from those jabberwockies down at the moto shop. Plus, I don't have a paddle tire plus I'm not sure how an old xr250 would hold up in the sand:eek:

i wanna start it after lunch on saturday... if thats fine with everybody... it can get boring being there too long...

If i dont go up on friday afternoon, i will probably leave around 11 or so, since its a 2 hour flat drive up there. If i get my other friend to come, he might bring his little honda 100's up in the back of his ranger. They dont have paddle tires, so i mostly use them to travel from the campsite to the bathrooms. (heh, it beats walking to 100 feet :) )

ok well i'll go up friday afternoon sometime after lunch we can all just chill then until dinner....do something and then be there for the meet on saturday morning.....am i following this correctly? i'm down for whatever...

I think I'm going to have to wait out for the next meet...I'm a little on the broke side...just ordered my 3" spindles, es3000 shocks, and 4.10 gears! lol so yeah....4wheelparts took my bank account for the next two months! but for sure I will be all over the next meet plus I will be like 6" total lift plus the 33's and nto those damn stock 3.27 gears! lol....I hope you guys have a great time!

Jenn

josh-still goin? Brans-still campin?

thats a big 10-4 :D

I went and spoke with Jeff at Deaver today...new leafs and custom shks are due soon...in a couple weeks they should be on the rig, probly not in time for this trip tho:(

cool....hey josh, whats Deaver charging you? b/c i just ordered a 4" leaf pack from them. i'm gonna ditch these shackles and crappy AAL....later.

Anyone mind if a rock crawler joins you? Wouldn't mind meeting you all. Plus I've never been out there. I'm not too fond of sand, but I figure you 2wd guys could use a tow truck. :p :D

that would be freakin awesome.....besides i wanna see your beast in person....ha ha....and you're right, we could use a tow truck, although hopefully we don't get stuck!

Originally posted by Brans Freestyle
Yea i dont think getting stuck will be too much of a problem, since i only dug a hole once with stock tires and open diff. And jefe, it would be pretty cool to see that huge thing up there :D
Oh. . .guess its not as soft of sand as we were playing in on New Years. Locked front and rear and digging down to the hubs:

SANY0015.jpg

No straps were needed though :cool:

Holy ****, Jefe is going! I'm going to be there, going with my friends there that weekend.
Someone PM me their cell number so I can call you guys up and meet at pismo.

LMAO

Holy ****, Jefe is going

That's so funny Jefe...See they all worship you!:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Harry5150
Out of curriosity, are there any girls going or is this a hot dogs on the BBQ only event?

LOL, lemme see what I can do...but its doubtful:)

white96x-its gonna be $595 for the leafs, plus another 150-250 for shackles...unless I booty-fabbed the shackles myself, but it would be nice to have some bling ones from a real fab shop.

I finished fixing the bike today, man was that a *****...so maybe I'll bring it if I feel ambitious enough.

Back