Pismo Dunes, CA Oct. 25-26 Meet | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pismo Dunes, CA Oct. 25-26 Meet

Awesome to see a bunch of central cali guys and girls here...

If you guys get another pismo ride setup again I'll do my best to be there.

I'm heading to pismo for a few hours this weekend, no major wheeling, just taking 'er out to see how the new 31s do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

watsup man.. yeh it was pretty fun, I go almost every weekend, i live ten minutes away.. We'll probably do another on in a couple months.. but yeh feel free to PM if you need a buddy out in pismo to go with! i'm down to go anytime!

clark - did you get out to pismo this weekend?

It was pretty empty, considering what i'm used to. My X did great out there, got about half way to comp hill on sand highway before my wife said getting tossed around was making her sick :D ...

Anyway, i'm happy with the performance and will be up for the next group day out there.

Yeh, I went last weekend agen.. I go all the time.. My girlfriend loves it out there so thats all we do... I caught air last time i went... 5 feet off all four tires at once and i Popped a bead too!

yup!

977856_l.JPG

977797_l.JPG

977909_l.JPG
306944_53_full.jpg

Yeh, five feet, I didnt think i'd catch any air, I was going 40 when i hit that jump.. I thought i'd juss go over it, but I actually flew!.. I had some really bad ball bearings in the back that I had to replace, bent steering, wheel balance problems due to the popped bead!

yup!

yup

hmmm...nice pics of burnouts and stuff, but I don't know about 40mph from flat to that steep of a lip, unless you have secret coilovers or lt that we can't see. Lets see a pic from the other side of the dune

It wasnt a nice landing.. it hurt my neck.. I bottomed out pretty hard too.. the other side of that lip was a hill too so it wasnt exactly five feet straight up.. it was more of a hop too.. I can't fly yet..

Back