• Register Today It's free!

PIU hubcaps 18”

Galloand

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Taurus PIU
Does anyone have a set of the 18” PIU full wheel hub caps like the ones in the picture? I am looking for a used set and I’m not going to pay 2-300$$ for a set on eBay!

thank you!

D9935605-436F-45DC-9CE1-D3387D790750.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I would think the full covers would be a rare find. Most that I've seen use the small center caps that I also used to use on my winter setup.

Peter

I have a set of these and I cannot get them to stay on. There are clips to grab the shouldered lug nuts and some grippers to catch the inner rim but I have never been able to mount them. The lugs are right, I imagine, because the little center caps lock on tight. Is there a trick to getting them on?

I put these on my steel 18" winter wheels on my 2011 Limited. Not the same as yours though.

Peter

PB050253b.jpg

I put these on my steel 18" winter wheels on my 2011 Limited. Not the same as yours though.

Peter

View attachment 341132
Do the clip on to the lugs and grip the circumference of the inside wheel or ??? I'd consider trying these out if they mount differently.

Do the clip on to the lugs and grip the circumference of the inside wheel or ??? I'd consider trying these out if they mount differently.
They are actually held on by the lugnuts. I can't recall if they also grip the circumference. I believe the lugnuts are slightly different because they have a washer-type flange to hold the cover.
Just looked up my invoice from Oct. 2011 and the part #BB5Z-1130-C (was an 'A') but was replaced. I don't see anything indicating the lugnuts.
Looked up the wheel cover and it seems to have grips on the circumference. 2011-2019 Ford Wheel Cover BB5Z-1130-C | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter

PB050253b-1.jpg

They are actually held on by the lugnuts. I can't recall if they also grip the circumference. I believe the lugnuts are slightly different because they have a washer-type flange to hold the cover.
Just looked up my invoice from Oct. 2011 and the part #BB5Z-1130-C (was an 'A') but was replaced. I don't see anything indicating the lugnuts.
Looked up the wheel cover and it seems to have grips on the circumference. 2011-2019 Ford Wheel Cover BB5Z-1130-C | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter

View attachment 341153
THANKS. I'm gonna' tinker around with what I have for a little bit more before I spend money on different lug nuts although mine keep the little Ebay bought sedan Interceptor caps on tight.

Does anyone have a set of the 18” PIU full wheel hub caps like the ones in the picture? I am looking for a used set and I’m not going to pay 2-300$$ for a set on eBay!

thank you!

View attachment 340358

thank you!

View attachment 340358
Hey, I've got a full set of these from the '16 Explorer I picked up earlier this year. Three are perfect and the fourth one has a few minor scratches. Where are you located? ~dave

Back