• Register Today It's free!

place for the 2nd gen explorers

oconnor

Reaction score
City, State
San Rafael Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 sport 4wd
Just want to start a thread for people with the 2nd gen explorers to trade info.
I have a 97 sport 4wd that I am wanting to lift, prerunner style and am having no luck in finding anything other than a torsion twist.
I want to run 34 or 35's on it. So as I find out info this is where I'll post it. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do a search for superlift or trailmaster and bodylift on the board you'll find all you need on lifting your 2nd gen.

I hear you, just trying to get fresh opinions. Plus most info out there is for 1st gens.
Plus most of us newbies get overwhelmed sifting through all this info.
eg. Whats a good kit for crawling or whats good for desert running....
Tires ?whats best for 75% street 25% off road. etc....

There are not many options for 2nd gen explorers. camburg makes a 2wd prerunner kit with coil overs. There is not much in the way of pre runner equipment for 2nd gen explorers. there is a coil over kit available that eliminates the torsion bar but it doesnt do much for wheel travel. Sorting through all the info on the board is the best way to learn about everything that is available.

second gens were meant to be custom rigs... so go custom or go home... LOL just kidding.

you can do a spindle lift on a 2wd from procomp, or crank the t-bars up 4-6" and go SPOA, or use custom leafs and a shackle lift in the rear. drop braketry is availabel fdor the front suspension from trailmaster and superlift. and the always popular full custom setups availabel from any fab shop willing to do the work.

nissanboy, how'd you fit 35's on your 97? Got any pics? Oh, whats spoa?

292327_38_full.jpg

all i did was a 2" TT shackles, aal, and 3" BL

Back