• Register Today It's free!

Please! Any help appreciated!

hondaguy1995

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 civic, 2000 explorer
A few weeks ago , my 2000 explorer with 4.0 ohv threw a P1405 code. I posted and right away a very kind member of explorations noted that it was my dpfe sensor. He was exactly right when i popped the hood the two hoses were broken off the connectors. I replaced the part and cleared the code and drove code free the last few weeks. Well today i threw code P1401--DPFE sensor circuit high--(symptoms-- Wiring,EGR pressure sensor, ECM) as well as code PO442--(small leak in evap system) checked my gas cap it is on tight. For P1401 code should i now replace the egr valve and tube assemblies? For code PO442 the evap leak could this be caused by old exhaust pipes that have a leak? my exhaust is rusted up badlly but i still passed emissions a little over a month ago... Just not sure where to go from here and i dont want to take it to the mechanic unless i have too. Please anyone all help appreciated! Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few weeks ago , my 2000 explorer with 4.0 ohv threw a P1405 code. I posted and right away a very kind member of explorations noted that it was my dpfe sensor. He was exactly right when i popped the hood the two hoses were broken off the connectors. I replaced the part and cleared the code and drove code free the last few weeks. Well today i threw code P1401--DPFE sensor circuit high--(symptoms-- Wiring,EGR pressure sensor, ECM) as well as code PO442--(small leak in evap system) checked my gas cap it is on tight. For P1401 code should i now replace the egr valve and tube assemblies? For code PO442 the evap leak could this be caused by old exhaust pipes that have a leak? my exhaust is rusted up badlly but i still passed emissions a little over a month ago... Just not sure where to go from here and i dont want to take it to the mechanic unless i have too. Please anyone all help appreciated! Thank you!
I have a 2001 w/5.0; my Fuel Vapor Management Valve connector had gone bad, had to replace with another hose set from the salvage yard, the FVMV should be under the drivers slide front fender behind the wheel well cover. The replacement I just did is at the link: 2001 5.0 Eddie Bauer Vacuum Diagram is Unobtanium!

I had a DPFE sensor that was either bad, or went bad very quickly, causing bad detonation/pinging. Replaced it a second time and it checked good. Verify your EGR valve is opening and closing (remove the vacuum line to it when the engine is running look for the rpm to change). Check all the vacuum tubes, no breaks or tears. Check associated wiring for any wear through of the insulation. Another good link: P1405 Ford - DPF EGR Sensor Circuit High Voltage Detected

It’s not going to be your exhaust. You might want to drop your spare (if it’s still under there) and check your charcoal canister hoses.

I have a 2001 w/5.0; my Fuel Vapor Management Valve connector had gone bad, had to replace with another hose set from the salvage yard, the FVMV should be under the drivers slide front fender behind the wheel well cover. The replacement I just did is at the link: 2001 5.0 Eddie Bauer Vacuum Diagram is Unobtanium!

I had a DPFE sensor that was either bad, or went bad very quickly, causing bad detonation/pinging. Replaced it a second time and it checked good. Verify your EGR valve is opening and closing (remove the vacuum line to it when the engine is running look for the rpm to change). Check all the vacuum tubes, no breaks or tears. Check associated wiring for any wear through of the insulation. Another good link: P1405 Ford - DPF EGR Sensor Circuit High Voltage Detected
Ok thank you this weekend i will give this a try!

The little metal tubes on the dpfe sensor where the rubber hose connects could be full of soot or crap

Evap system has nothing to do with Exhaust, so lets stop there.

Any "hole" in the evap system could cause that code. Gas cap, hole in fuel tank, hole in fuel filler neck(common), hole in metal evap hose that runs the length of the drivers side, hole in the canister, etc. If you can't find it visually, you have to have it smoke tested to find the hole.

Evap system has nothing to do with Exhaust, so lets stop there.

Any "hole" in the evap system could cause that code. Gas cap, hole in fuel tank, hole in fuel filler neck(common), hole in metal evap hose that runs the length of the drivers side, hole in the canister, etc. If you can't find it visually, you have to have it smoke tested to find the hole.
Ok thank you for replying!

It’s not going to be your exhaust. You might want to drop your spare (if it’s still under there) and check your charcoal canister hoses.
Ok thanks i ll check em out

Back