Please help, driver's side power window stuck down | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help, driver's side power window stuck down

headrush

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Pleasant, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Nissan Frontier SE
Hello all,

I've done many a search and can't seem to come up with anything that helps with my specific problem. My driver's side window is stuck in the down position, all the way. I don't think it's the wiring because I hear the relay click when I press the 'down' button. However nothing happens when I press the 'up' button. I'll get a slight whine from the motor for a second or two when I press the down button but not so much for when I press the 'up' button. My question is this: First, is there a way for me to just manually roll up the window for the time being (it's about to rain)? Secondly, is it the motor gone bad if I can still hear it making noise, even though it's just for a second or two? I'd like to at least get this window up for the time being and get it fixed ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cliff

I had this issue not too long ago. Ended up being that the motor just had a dead spot at the bottom, so I don't roll it down all the way anymore. (or you could shell out the cash for a new motor). If you want to roll it up temporarily you'll have to take the door panel off, and remove the motor from the window actuator thing. Then you can push it up without resistance. If I remember right, you have to drill a hole in the door to access one of the three bolts holding the motor in. Then you can test it without a load, and / or put it back in to see if it still works.

Good luck.

Back