Please help me, engine still won't turn over | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help me, engine still won't turn over

I've got the bolt off but when I go to pull the sensor out it's hitting the belt and pulley on the AC compressor keeping it from sliding all the way out. Gonna have to loosen the compressor to get it off I suppose

I cleaned the injectors with carb cleaner after removing them one at a time. I sprayed the inlet side and the outlet nozzle until they looked clean and nothing was washing out. The inlet side was brown/black with varnish and gunk. The engine would run rough. It was missing on 3 cylinders before I cleaned everything. Also replaced the o-rings when I put them back in. As for flushing the line, I pumped by hand injection cleaner through the rail when the fuel filter and injectors were off and blew it clear with compressed air.

After I was done, it ran much better but still missed on one cylinder. New plugs and a new COP on the cylinder solved the last problem and the engine is running well now. But the fuel system was a mess with old/bad fuel.

Thanks for the injector advice, greatly appreciated!!

So I have a totally different problem now. The battery is very dead. Theft light is flashing. Relay 51 is clicking non stop. No crank, no start. I realize this is all an indication that I need a new battery, which I'm replacing in the morning. Also replaced the relay which stopped the clicking. But this has happened before. After getting my new battery tomorrow I'm gonna see if the theft indicator light keeps flashing and see if maybe I have a PATS issue that's keeping it from starting. Wishful thinking I'm sure but one can hope. Maybe a bad PATS transceiver? I just don't see how the truck would run fine prior to running out of gas once and after replacing the fuel pump assembly and fuel filter and it not start at all. I'll keep you guys posted.

Back