Please help, power problem. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help, power problem.

ok back at.. was doing so good for so long with the new battery.. even sat for like 1 n half during non a/c conversion.. and started up.. sat it thursday till sunday and dead again.. nothing notta zip kaput. everything was shut off when i left and now it wont do anything again... more input, thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

didnt you run your own wire to the alternator from the battery? maybe thats it? its dieing with it out of the truck? or plugged in? if plugged in start checking for things draining it.

hell mine sat on the floor in the garage for 3 months during the rebuild and never lost any power lol. started the truck right up!

it was doing the same thing before i did the wire upgrade. the battery stays in truck while working on it, or it sitting... i guess my biggest problem is ive never read one of these multimeter so dont know how to read it accurate.

really starting to piss me off, because this was just an all of sudden problem, not something i dealt with for years.. just something that developed in the winter and has not gotten any better

Ok, so had it charged for 45 mins, power jumped. Started.. ran for 10 mins, moved the truck, turned the key off then tried to turn back on, nothing, notta..
battery test says completely charged and ok! so Adv Auto says Starter Solenoid on fender mount... Is that possible?! Dont make sense to me if it is.

It appears that a Gremlin has taken refuge inside your truck...Years ago, a buddy had an early 80's Ford Fiesta that would start to die even if he used a directional blinker. His remedy was to take out the battery,and charge the battery overnight EVERY night-
I would suggest the same until you catch the Gremlin.......

It appears that a Gremlin has taken refuge inside your truck...Years ago, a buddy had an early 80's Ford Fiesta that would start to die even if he used a directional blinker. His remedy was to take out the battery,and charge the battery overnight EVERY night-
I would suggest the same until you catch the Gremlin.......

man i dont know about that.. be quicker and cheaper to pay a mechanic guy i know to figure it out. just trying to save some money... i went and checked all fuses under the dash.. one was blowed i replaced it. it was a 15a fuse (sorry no fuse cover, so not sure which one) so with it changed im gonna throw battery in a see what happens...

I used to own a 1985 Isuzu Pup & came w/electrical problems. All I did was clean every fastener, crimp on new connections that looked suspect and sprayed WD-40 on the exposed wiring. I recall going to JK and getting another fuse panel & swapped it out. It was a miracle !!

Ok guys and gals... found a fuse.. like i said.. no clue on what its for.. but replaced it... so put in my battery which was FULLY charged... turn the key... does NOTHING AT ALL... holding the key to the start position, laid my head on the steering wheel kusin the truck out! then it makes the sound that is in the video clip, turn key off and then back on, no wait, but the sound... turn it for a few mins and get the wife... so i can do this video... she comes out.. does it to her.. waits a few seconds at the on position before itll do any thing and again.. the sound..

th_video-2011-05-16-19-52-07.jpg

inertia switch? mine cranked over just like that until i popped it back in.
out of gas? mine did the same thing until i put in gas.

lol
just throwing ideas out..

take a pic of the said fuse, ill look it up

edit: it seems your belt is spinning very slow, i swear mine spun much faster then that when cranking with a no start...

open up your passenger door, dig way up on the carpet like you did for the ac bolt. and fold it over. look way up top just under the dash and theres a black square box, i think the button is on the top, push it in. youll know if thats it or not, it makes a LOUD pop when it goes back in.

i can take a pic if youre still lost

that switch if its known as the up-side down switch... yeah its in.. but mine wasnt way up in, i just folded the carpet back and it was right there where the passengers left foot would go

after i busted my my knee trying to get a pic lol

i doubted that was it being you were able to start it, but it was worth a shot.
it prevents gas from getting to the engine if tripped.

i wonder why its cranking so slowly, is it faster in person and its just the camera? cause the markings on the belt take like 3secs to go around. mine was faster then that..

i wonder why its cranking so slowly, is it faster in person and its just the camera? cause the markings on the belt take like 3secs to go around. mine was faster then that..

hmm idk.. its thats slow right now..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back