• Register Today It's free!

plugs and plug wires???

1993fordexploere

Reaction score
City, State
northern california (Eureka)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer xlt 4x4
hey guys im doin a tune up on my X and im curtious what are some good plugs and plug wires for my x that i can get at the local kragen with out ordering them. oh and another thing is cost! i dont want some super expensive or even expensive plugs or plug wires i want some considered good plugs and wires. thanks. i already did oil and air filter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have used Bosch plugs and wires for several years with great success.

go into the Kragen and ask them to recomend a good set of wires,, i use taylors, but not cheap, and i have to custom size them anyways,,
for the plugs,, it is the general consensus that the motorcraft ones or Bosch seem to work about the best,, just make sure they are platinum, makes a big difference,,

...Autolite Platinums with Bosch wires here...:biggthump

...Just don't forget to add the plug grease in your purchase, $1...;)

...Autolite Platinums with Bosch wires here...:biggthump

...Just don't forget to add the plug grease in your purchase, $1...;)

are you talking about the anti ceaze stuff??

...For both, the plugs (anti seaze)and the wires (dielectric)...Especially if you are in a damp location of any type...;)

...Sorry, I couldn't find a pic of the anti-seaze plug grease...it's in a blue packet..:scratch:

...and this is for the wire boots...
agssp-1003.jpg

I use Motorcraft wires, autolite plugs. Good luck!

...:shifty_ey ...So what did you get at the store???...:D

ummm the next post

i got bosch platinum plus spark plugs, bwd select supermag plug wires. (got them because of the lifetime warranty). and fram fuel filter.

just for curiosity, time your 0 to 60 mph before and after and see what the difference is.
life expectancy from the bosch plugs is about 60k, so use the dielectric grease or you'll break the boots off the wires and/or skin your knuckles getting 'em off the next time.

Back