Plugs and Wires?...High flow Cat? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Plugs and Wires?...High flow Cat?

Tony26Italy

Reaction score
I have a 94 Sport with a Flowmaster cat back and a KKM intake....i was thinking the next mod would be a high flow cat or new spark plugs and wires....what brands would u guys recommend...
thanks

I would get some new plugs and wires if I were you.
There are a few brands recommended on this board, I personally have been using the Bosch +4 plugs and the Splitfire dual core wires, I'm very happy with both.
All of the muffler folks I have spoken to have told me that all of today's Catalitic converters are pretty much hi-flo and not to waste my money on a new one unless mine has positively gone bad.
Save your money and maybe get yourself a good GPS to use on the trails.

Man...im disagreeing with everyone on this forum today! I could go with the cat before the plugs. Those dual cats you have strapped on your ride are very restrictive. From personal experience, when I installed my flowmaster, I saw (felt) no gain and developed a horrible sound coming from the exhaust... I took it in.. and it turns out the cats were causing to much restriction and the muff wasnt getting enought pressure to even sound right. So, off came the 2 cats, on came a single high flo, and now my muffler sounds great and a little more power to boot. (and I do mean little!)

nick

Back