• Register Today It's free!

plugs and wires

toughguy

Reaction score
City, State
South Florida.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2ford explorers 1999 2000
I researched this forum for answers and got confused, I have two Eddie Bauer's one 1999 and one 2000 the 99 is all wheel drive and the 2000 is rear wheel drive, what good or best spark plugs work with these trucks, and what spark plug wires work with trucks also. and I need to change the pvc valve, is it easy to do?

both are 5.0....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The best plugs I've ever used are NGK Iridiums.
They are the Australian spec for these trucks, probably because no one imports Motorcraft?

I would use them anyway.

'Best spark plugs' are probably in the same category as the best religion to follow. Good luck with that!
As for the PCV, it's in the back of the engine, against the firewall. You'll need a slim hand, some patience, and, if your arms are not very long, the agility to climb atop the engine to reach in there. Have fun!!! On a more serious note, this challenge has been discussed here to death. Search this site for details.

I researched this forum for answers and got confused, I have two Eddie Bauer's one 1999 and one 2000 the 99 is all wheel drive and the 2000 is rear wheel drive, what good or best spark plugs work with these trucks, and what spark plug wires work with trucks also. and I need to change the pvc valve, is it easy to do?

both are 5.0....

1998EXP is right about spark plug opinions, but I have had good luck with factory Motorcraft plugs (Autozone sells them) and Duralast wires. I used them in my Explorer and Mountaineer both have 5.0's

1998EXP is right about spark plug opinions, but I have had good luck with factory Motorcraft plugs (Autozone sells them) and Duralast wires. I used them in my Explorer and Mountaineer both have 5.0's

thank you.

When it comes to spark plugs & wires I use Motorcraft. I have them in my Ranger & the Explorer Sport.

Back