Police interceptor push bar? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Police interceptor push bar?

Aggunner

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Does anyone happen to know if there is a part number for the push bar on the police interceptor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone happen to know if there is a part number for the push bar on the police interceptor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You mean the one in my Avatar pic?

Ford doesn't make the bars, check out websites for "Go Rhino" and "Setina" they are making the new Police Interceptor Accessories.

http://www.setina.com/bumpers.php

Sweet! I've been looking for something like this to install some extra lights. Sgt1411, does your fuel economy drop when you added these or no? Was it a hard install? Thanks!

Sweet! I've been looking for something like this to install some extra lights. Sgt1411, does your fuel economy drop when you added these or no? Was it a hard install? Thanks!

I have only seen prototypes on pre-production models. It's usually bolted on to subframe components. The ones on the older Crown Victoria were typically a 60 minute install. Bolt on only.

Setina or Go Rhino will have install instructions with a time line for install.

These Pushbars are just new to final production as the after market suppliers were only permitted access to the Interceptor pre-production builds this year.

I dont think anyone's considered fuel economy when bolting these on.

They are very light aluminum.

Here are some better photos for you to zoom in on and see a little more on mounting.

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

That makes me want to be a cop! At least for a day!

i'm going from this

new.jpg

to the explorer so I need to add a bit of aggressiveness to it, that and we have deer all over the place around here

Those bumpers gave me chillies, the Ex and the F Series both.
Whoo Sgt what states/districts should we be expecting to see that!?

Edit: Sorry to thread jack, I've just haven't seen the '11 interceptor yet. :)

I should have the bumper here in 14 days and I can't friggen wait. Need to talk to the local body shop and see how much to get all of the stupid silver painted.

You mean the chrome right?

Everything black!

well the exploder is sterling gray so all of the chrome/silver stuff is going to be painted flat black to match the molding. I freaking hatteeee the damn chrome door handles and the huge chrome explorer on the back.

Cool, I hate the chrome on my ST as well. I look forward to seeing your Ex.

I should have the bumper here in 14 days and I can't friggen wait. Need to talk to the local body shop and see how much to get all of the stupid silver painted.

What was the part number here; http://www.setina.com/

Also what was the final price shipped if you dont mind me asking. I want one of these things!!

I am way late on reading this thread but I just cannot see how that push bar would work well on the Explorer.

This is coming from someone who removed the entire front bumper and grill assembly with about 16 screws and then carried it with one hand off to the grass in order to install a Blue Ox tow bar. There is nothing behind that bumper of any significance for impact other than two frame members coming forward from the body in front of each seating position. The bumper protector connected between them is minimal so unless that push bar is incredibly string through the curve, even bolted at the bottom, it is going to push back against the bumper and in my opinion, tear it up.

I have on 02 with a Go Rhino push bar which is what the staties and fire dept. use up here, and the first time I tried to push a car with it it bent the flimsy upper supports and cracked my grill. I beefed it up the next day and now I can push anything with it.

I have placed my order for a Setina Pushbar, similar to the interceptor above, powder coated silver ... Less than 3 bills... they say it is a 4 point bolt on...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well the exploder is sterling gray so all of the chrome/silver stuff is going to be painted flat black to match the molding. I freaking hatteeee the damn chrome door handles and the huge chrome explorer on the back.

Have you done this yet? I'm curious as to having the door handles painted turns out.

Back