• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

ariel herrera

Reaction score
City, State
houston texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 ford explorer piu
does anyone have the part numbers on the brackets that are needed to bolt the center console on to the floor

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

rocky123xo

Reaction score
City, State
Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 FPIU Base
I'm trying to get a setup similar to the one shown below. I need something to fill the shifter hole, as well as the terrain selector knob. Currently mine is a black hole into the guts of the console.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
The shifter 'hole' already looks like it has been addressed.

Peter

Mope

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
I'm trying to get a setup similar to the one shown below. I need something to fill the shifter hole, as well as the terrain selector knob. Currently mine is a black hole into the guts of the console.
This picture appears to show a 3d printed 'shifter well' that some users have utilized to fill the void. it's the best option I've seen, but have never found any drawings to have it duplicated. Does your console have the leather trim for the shifter or just a hole there? If you have the leather, there is a bracket that the leather affixes to - you can plastic weld a flat black piece of plastic to the bracket and snap it back in to delete the shifter hole and it mounts up nice and flat to the 'chrome' trim.

If you don't have the leather/bracket, I don't have any recommendations for you :)

Eric Z

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
15 Explorer PIU
Ok so the console shown is mine.... I did not have 3-D printer or plans, so I sort of made my own. I used layers of plastic sheet sectioned together, but if I did it again I would have used wood, to get nice striping. Use the top as your guide then just cut out that shape in each layer, glue the stack together and add bottom. Not that hard and ends up functional.

Mope

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
Ok so the console shown is mine.... I did not have 3-D printer or plans, so I sort of made my own. I used layers of plastic sheet sectioned together, but if I did it again I would have used wood, to get nice striping. Use the top as your guide then just cut out that shape in each layer, glue the stack together and add bottom. Not that hard and ends up functional.
Really interesting idea Eric! How did you affix the stacked/shaped final product to the console? Did you use the clip in retainer?

Last edited:

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
There is or was a member here who used a 3D printer to make a similar item to that shown in the picture.

peter

Eric Z

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
15 Explorer PIU
Really interesting idea Eric! How did you affix the stacked/shaped final product to the console? Did you use the clip in retainer?
I just glued mine to bottom of panel.

BrettS.

Reaction score
City, State
Toledo, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 PIU EB
Last edited:

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Peter

Ripster54

Reaction score
City, State
winnipeg, mb
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer PIU

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Center Console Mystery Connector Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 12
D 2011 Center Console Swap Advice Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 18
E Wiring Connector for Center Console Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 23
W 3D Printed Center Console Part Wanted Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 23
V PIU steel wheel center cap Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 2
S Front center seat? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 9
B What to put where the center dash speaker would go? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 9
S Help with 2013 Explorer PIU Console Questions.... Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
J Console 3D print cup on GrabCad Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 0
S Installing civilian console into 2013 FPIU Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 15
P PIUs - Ford Develops Software To Bake Away Coronavirus In Police Vehicles Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 2
C Installing Setina PB5 on a 2017 Ford Explorer (CIVILIAN) Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 6
D 2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility (Front End Popping/Clunking) Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 17
D Ford Flex rear seats installed, need help finding 1 part Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 9
Trader0000 Ford Police Explorer Cargo Mat Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 8
K U.S. ends safety probe into nearly 50,000 U.S. Ford police vehicles Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 0
B Ford 16N01 Liftgate Lock Cylinder Paint Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 5
2013PIU 2013 PIU, Ford says can't change PTU fluid? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 9
K Ford investigating engine failure of 13 West Palm Beach patrol cars Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 10
B Roof Rack/Roof Rails for Ford PIU 2013/2014 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 8
J Ford to pay for... Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 2
C 2014 Ford Explorer PIU Service/Haynes Manual Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 1
N Ford Explorer 2014 Programming Mode Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 2
T 2017 Ford Police Interceptor Utility - Video Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 0
J Ford Police Interceptor Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
Rick Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Ballistics Level III Testing Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 11
G 2014 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility w/CARFAX Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 0
P :sigh: Another LED bites the dust... and Ford's answer blows Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 28
Anime NHTSA Probes Brake Hose Issues On Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 0
G Joe's 1998 Ford Explorer Sport Police Interceptor Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 7
BrooklynBay Ford's new Police Interceptor. Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 19