• Register Today It's free!

Poor Mans Lift Kit Help?

DanielV1994

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 4x4 XLT
Good Evening, as the title says, I want to know what possibilities there are for a lift kit? I own a 93 Explorer XLT and I either find a lift kit too expensive for me or a body kit which I wouldn't like or none of the above. Is there any way to buy one without paying so much? Myself not knowing anything other than a M1A1 Abrams, I would like some input. Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For suspension lift, you can get a 1-2" pretty cheap, any more than that costs some money.
Coils spacers up front and warrior shackles in the back is the bargain lift. Do a search here and you'll find tons of info on it.

For suspension lift, you can get a 1-2" pretty cheap, any more than that costs some money.
Coils spacers up front and warrior shackles in the back is the bargain lift. Do a search here and you'll find tons of info on it.
Will do, Thanks!

For mine I got skyjacker lift springs + rear add-a-leafs for about 250 dollars. Then I added shocks all around for another 150. That made 400 dollars for 2ish ", a great ride, new components everywhere (except for the rear leaf packs, but the AAL really freshened them up).
For cheap new parts I think this is the way to go and I'm very happy with it.

If that is still too expensive but you can fabricate, weld up some rear shackles and some front coil spacers and you can lift for the price of scrap metal.

An in between would be like others have said junkyard parts (not new, nor fabricated).

Back