Possibly giving my box away - anyone interested? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possibly giving my box away - anyone interested?

hydroxy

I like to fiddle...
Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited v6
Well, if you havn't heard:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121121

It's looking more and more less likely that I'll be getting her back - however I havn't given up all hope.

If I do have to give my explorer up - I still have my box (look at carDomain link) that would need to goto a home. Even though I have dumped money into that box I know selling it would probably be impossible. SOOO - I would like to give it away to someone who would appreciate it. I was pretty close to finishing it - I had gotten the surface relatively smooth (until someone knocked it over while some fiberglass was drying - which left run marks). It would need work to finish up the surface for paint.

It's built volume wise to handle 10" MTX Thunder 6000 woofers. (which also might be for sale).

It would be located at either Blacksburg, VA (Virginia Tech), or Northern VA (Wash, DC area).

If anyone is interested - let me know. I could probably drive a little bit to meet you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm getting my uncle's '89 civic no matter what. If I dont keep my explorer - I'm just going to have to stick with that for a while till my insurence comes down a bit.

dude that box is CRAZY!!! Im interested in the box and the subs but im a good distances from u.Not sure on how far u meant by driving to meet but let me know im sure i could meet u half way or something but i know thats still a long ways, so i would understand.
I was bout to start over and go with 4 12" but 7 10" would be just as fun.

Good luck on gettin ur X back and running. It was a bad a$$ ride

Mcane6 said:
dude that box is CRAZY!!! Im interested in the box and the subs but im a good distances from u.Not sure on how far u meant by driving to meet but let me know im sure i could meet u half way or something but i know thats still a long ways, so i would understand.
I was bout to start over and go with 4 12" but 7 10" would be just as fun.

Good luck on gettin ur X back and running. It was a bad a$$ ride

If you're willing to wait a bit i could get it as close as Columbia, SC come January... we could meet there

yeah i could prob do that
can i the subs with it and whats the price on them?

hydroxy said:
I'm getting my uncle's '89 civic no matter what.
CRX or Hatchback, and you are golden, they are great cars!!! :thumbsup:

Sedan..........................eh, junk! :thumbdwn:

:D

dang mcane ur getting one hell of a deal GL if you ended up grabbing up on this offer

P.S. Sorry Hydroxy for having to sell all that :(

so $470 for all of it yeah ill take it
just let me know on when we could meet up

hey hokie u get me the box, the 7 mtx, amp and wiring ect. and i could prob just give u the rest of the subs if u want them, just for the hassle of tansporting them to me.
This is a great deal :eek: and u should get something good out of it too. :cool:

Mcane6 said:
hey hokie u get me the box, the 7 mtx, amp and wiring ect. and i could prob just give u the rest of the subs if u want them, just for the hassle of tansporting them to me.
This is a great deal :eek: and u should get something good out of it too. :cool:

You'll probably want to get rid of those 12 ohm subs, I'm not sure how pat ended up wiring them but i bet he had some wierd load.

As of now I really only need a 10" 4 ohm sub thats not my crappy ass one that I have now and maybe a Wendy's combo meal to keep me fueled :)

I think i'll be rolling through that area around the 22nd of January... I'll have to figure it out but i'll let you know if i'm going sooner

ill figure something out with all of the subs. I could just go out and buy another sub to replace the one you will get but it will all workout

See if u can the a wiring diagram from him on how he had them wired. That would help alot.

The 22nd sounds good to me just let me know where u will be. Prob need some directions but ill figure it out. Thanks alot man for all this

I'm not 100% giving away this thing *yet* =) I was just posting to get interest. I wont know if I'm definetly giving this thing away till my exams are over and I have time to talk to insurence and go back down to inspect the car.

-Patrick

hydroxy said:
I'm not 100% giving away this thing *yet* =) I was just posting to get interest. I wont know if I'm definetly giving this thing away till my exams are over and I have time to talk to insurence and go back down to inspect the car.

-Patrick

Don't tease b!tch :p

Hydroxy
thats what ive been wondering about, just let me know when u decide

Hokie
On the Jan. 22nd trip, wonderin if u would still be this way on the 23rd B/C i just found on today i will have a basketball game that day and wont be able to get there BUT if Pat does let me have this thing i might be able to get someone up there to pick it up for me.

Mcane6 said:
Hydroxy
thats what ive been wondering about, just let me know when u decide

Hokie
On the Jan. 22nd trip, wonderin if u would still be this way on the 23rd B/C i just found on today i will have a basketball game that day and wont be able to get there BUT if Pat does let me have this thing i might be able to get someone up there to pick it up for me.

I meant to say 23rd... i'll be rolling through Columbia on Sunday afternoon on my way back to Charleston

good that solves that

Hey hydroxy what type of terminals, on the wire where it hooks into the sub, are needed to hook the MTX up??
i got a 15" im tryin to hook up and it has the same hook up as the MTX and i cant figure out what i need.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back