• Register Today It's free!

Post all your in dash TV pics

Derek's E.B.

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Eddie Bauer
I'm wanting to get an in dash TV/DVD player installed soon and wanted to know if there's any pics floating around out there. I did a search, but not much.

Thanks, Derek

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry..s houlda explained.. i meant blackmagic has one.. and this car also has one.. :p

Here is mine

EXVideo.jpg

here is mine

Attachments

• interior dvd player in cd change mode.jpg
    interior dvd player in cd change mode.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 705

Its not a indash but heres my 6" screen in the visor.
164054_50_full.jpg

Very nice work there ben you do that yourself? Click on the link in my sig to see my in-dash alpine.

Here is mine

fd6292b3.jpg.orig.jpg

Is that legal?

I can`t do that where I live (BC CANADA), there is a law that any tv/video screen cannot be installed in an area visible to the driver of the vehicle. Even if you don`t have it on when driving.

That visor idea is cool though, very hideable.
So are you guys breakin the law?

Re: Is that legal?

Originally posted by ld50
I can`t do that where I live (BC CANADA), there is a law that any tv/video screen cannot be installed in an area visible to the driver of the vehicle. Even if you don`t have it on when driving.

That visor idea is cool though, very hideable.
So are you guys breakin the law?

Check my location, dude I live in BC. Get pulled over by the cops quite a bit, go through road blocks all the time, the cops say "what's that a tv?" I say "in dash dvd player" they say "really? does it work while you drive? " I say "no it controls the stereo when I drive" they say "have a good night"

I dont own one, but i think its illegal to play a dvd while driving(located near or around dash). The back seats I think its ok while driving.

I thought about the kenwood m-700. I just dont have the $$$ for it now.

Also if you're worried about it, hit one button and it folds into the dash and looks like a normal in dash cd receiver

I dont know about your brands but my alpine says picture off for your safety when the car is in motion but with the toggle bypass switch you can turn it on while driving. Police see you just switch it off i dont need to worry about that round here cause cops arent tight ***** about **** like that or at least i havent met one yet......helps working at a gas station that gives free sodas to the cops also ;)

Ya my Panasonic has a wire that hooks to the e-brake that turns off the ability to play video while driving but if you ground that wire you can watch and drive

in effect 1998 Canada wide law

-A vehicle equipped with a video, television or computer screen, that is not displaying information solely designed to assist the driver, must have the screen located so that the image displayed is not visible to the driver and the screen itself does not obstruct the view of the driver.-

So you better get that out of there Haggard!

:D

Yeah right, eh?
I figure if I had one I would just tell the cops that it was a GPS unit. Although, I bet even a GPS would be distracting, so this is a crappy law.

Re: in effect 1998 Canada wide law

Originally posted by ld50
-A vehicle equipped with a video, television or computer screen, that is not displaying information solely designed to assist the driver, must have the screen located so that the image displayed is not visible to the driver and the screen itself does not obstruct the view of the driver.-

So you better get that out of there Haggard!

:D

Yeah right, eh?
I figure if I had one I would just tell the cops that it was a GPS unit. Although, I bet even a GPS would be distracting, so this is a crappy law.

Ya right, ;) . Mine also does Navi and it assists me by displaying my audio. Ya that's it :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Explorer94GV
Very nice work there ben you do that yourself? Click on the link in my sig to see my in-dash alpine.

Of course I did it myself, Ive done all the work in my explorer myself.:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cool that is really nice and clean for doing it yourself. Glad to know other people do there own work also on such high dollar items.

Back