Post you DVD system pics | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post you DVD system pics

Here's a few of mine -

Eclipse AVN6000, Australian model. Dual DVD slots for dual zone play or Sat Nav.

441340_6_full.jpg

441340_7_full.jpg

441340_8_full.jpg

441340_11_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anybody ever used a model that runs from a hard drive, such as the Eclipse AVN7000? Does it run just as well as the units with a DVD?

Here's a few of mine -

Eclipse AVN6000, Australian model. Dual DVD slots for dual zone play or Sat Nav.

441340_6_full.jpg

WHOA!!! thats not fair..you guys got the shifter on the center console in 98! and we here in the US had to wait till now (07 to get it):mad: lol

WHOA!!! thats not fair..you guys got the shifter on the center console in 98! and we here in the US had to wait till now (07 to get it):mad: lol

My guess is that since everything else looks the same as here in the US(dash...ac controls, radio, 4wd controls..etc)...the trans linkage couldn't be routed to the dash, so they put it on the floor for the UK models.

Mike,

Over here in Australia, we imported the Suburban before the Explorer. When GMH converted the Sub, they left the column shifter where it was, but because the column is now on the RHS of the vehicle, the gear lever stuck out towards the open door, which meant it got in the way when entering the vehicle and was also a safety hazard.

So when Ford got the Ex a few years later, they decided against the straight conversion I guess, and went for a whole new layout. Takes up a lot more room though, with the centre gear console and also a hand operated brake.

Back