• Register Today It's free!

Power door lock problem

lnygaben

Reaction score
City, State
Budapest
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992, Explorer, Eddie Bau
Hello Everyone! It is great to be on this forum! We have rebuilt a 91 Eddie Bauer edition, and unfortunately would need some help with the door locks.

The problem is that if we open or close the drivers door by the key the other locks are not working. When we push the button on top of the door inside also it happens nothing.

The situation is the same as the other side.

But if we open or close by the switches on the inside of doors the locks are operating correctly, every lock is moving

I can see the wiring diagram, but I don't understand why should to switch for control module the other actuators when I push the button or turn the key, so I can't find the problem.

Can you help me, please?

(Sorry for my wrong language knowledge in advance, I am writing from Hungary, Europe.)
Thank you in advance.
327155393_714855533602018_9210349725750236142_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I understand correctly, you want to unlock all the doors with the key?

I don't think this was ever available on first generation Explorers.

Welcome to the forum.

Hello Everyone! It is great to be on this forum! We have rebuilt a 91 Eddie Bauer edition, and unfortunately would need some help with the door locks.

The problem is that if we open or close the drivers door by the key the other locks are not working. When we push the button on top of the door inside also it happens nothing.

The situation is the same as the other side.

But if we open or close by the switches on the inside of doors the locks are operating correctly, every lock is moving

I can see the wiring diagram, but I don't understand why should to switch for control module the other actuators when I push the button or turn the key, so I can't find the problem.

Can you help me, please?

(Sorry for my wrong language knowledge in advance, I am writing from Hungary, Europe.)
Thank you in advance.
View attachment 438442
welcome to EF!

If I understand correctly, you want to unlock all the doors with the key?

I don't think this was ever available on first generation Explorers.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you, so does that mean it's normal? doesn't the key open all the doors?

See page 52/106 (Using the Power Door Locks)

Back