• Register Today It's free!

Power Fold Third Row

Dfred

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Tried searching for an answer.... No luck. I have a 2017 Platinum on order and I have read that you should not place anything behind the seat when stowing the seats....... Does that include a floor liner like the weather tech type?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just curious as to where you read that. Was it in the Manual? Unless things have changed with the 2017, I don't see why a liner or mat can't be left in place. I believe there are several members that have the WeatherTech or Husky liners installed there. I'm guessing that it likely applies to more bulky items that would interfere with the folding in a flat position.

Peter

You can't put anything more than a floor liner mat if you want the seats to fold down flat properly. Even the manual, left there by the dealer, caused the seat to sit up a bit from where it should be. I ordered the Ford OEM Cargo Area protector. Fits perfect. Available cheaper from a bunch of places online.

https://accessories.ford.com/catalo...17/s/liner-luggage-compartment/category/3016/

BB5Z-6111600-BB

So the oem, Weather Tech or Husky lines will allow the power fold seats to go flat....?

I know the OEM does, works great in mine. 3rd row folds right down, no issues. I assume the Husky or WT would be molded in the exact same shape.

I know the OEM does, works great in mine. 3rd row folds right down, no issues. I assume the Husky or WT would be molded in the exact same shape.

Good to know going to order the oem....... Would like the Weather Tech for first, second, and third row but they haven't put the 2017 on line..... Says they have to measure one first..... But I don't think the floor changed from the 16 to the 17...... But not completely sure......

I have weathertech in my 14. It is molded to fit the floor opening with lip all way around. It has to be taken out to fold the seats. It won't fold. The weathertech is a great floor liner.

WeatherTech will fit the area behind the 3rd row seat and will allow the power fold seats to lay completely flat. I have it on my 2016 Sport. You can not put anything else in the cargo well and power fold the third row seats.

Ford one fits fine and folds no problem. There is a little bit of room between the mat and the seat, so even if you got one that was slightly thicker you should be fine. I just wish they made a mat that could go in the truck when the seats are stowed and didn't need to be removed when you wanted to have the seats in the "normal" position.

My ford OEM never needs to be removed, seats up or down.

My ford OEM never needs to be removed, seats up or down.

I have the mat that sits deep when the 3rd row is up. When the third row is stowed I was looking for a mat that can stay on top and can be essentially folded when you want to deploy the row. Is that what you are saying you have or do you have a mat like I have for when the seat is deployed.

Nick

I have both Weather Tech mats for the Cargo area in my 2016 Sport.
They have one that sits in the well behind the 3rd row & one that covers the entire area behind the 2nd row when the 3rd row is folded. This last one can be rolled up & stowed when you want to use the 3rd row seats.

Back