• Register Today It's free!

Power Lock Help

kant89

Reaction score
City, State
Milan, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
None of the doors will lock with any button,(drivers, passenger, or remote). All doors unlock fine after manually locking them. The rear hatch button will lock and unlock the hatch. Does anyone have any suggestions. Where should I begin to look for the problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

I haven't check the schematic but from past experience on other vehicles, the "master" control (driver's side) is the main box. Everything finds its way to that switch center. In most cases, the cabling going between the door and body at the door hinge gets "fatigued" from opening and closing the door. Not sure what color to look for but look / feel for wires broken inside their insulation (ie. give them a wiggle). If you have a manual (hayes or otherwise) you should be able to locate the approriate color wire that is suspect.

Check this out:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129728

I've got a similar problem, but my hatch switch does work ALL doors. There is a pink/yellow wire that runs along the floor that is most likely the culprit. I haven't bothered fixing mine, though, so i can't speak of a fix from my own experience.

Back