Power lock not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power lock not working

amwhitt1

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh
Year, Model & Trim Level
When the door lock/unlock buttons get pushed - either on the driver's side or passenger side, all the locks except the driver's door work correctly. For the driver's door, the lock neither goes up nor down. It makes a really loud noise like it's getting power but can't do anything to the lock. I can lock or unlock the door from the outside with the key.

Thanks to this website, we've fixed a transmission problem and repaired both front power windows this weekend!

When did the problem start?

When the door lock/unlock buttons get pushed - either on the driver's side or passenger side, all the locks except the driver's door work correctly. For the driver's door, the lock neither goes up nor down. It makes a really loud noise like it's getting power but can't do anything to the lock. I can lock or unlock the door from the outside with the key.

Thanks to this website, we've fixed a transmission problem and repaired both front power windows this weekend!

Did this issue begin before or after the power window was repaired? Thanks.

My daughter says that the door lock problem has been going on for a long time. The window not rolling down happened later.

With the door panel off it feels like the door lock thing is kind of loose in the door, too.

We had to put a new door lock actuator in and now it works fine. Thanks

Back