power seat and rear window defogger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

power seat and rear window defogger

sb99fd

Reaction score
City, State
Revere,MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie baur awd
Hi to all out there.
Well i've had great luck with great help here with all my past problems. all of which got solved by asking questions here. Now I have 2 new problems.
I have a 99 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8. My rear window defogger is working however the bottom 3 lines are not defogging the window. I have read around and found that there may be a break in the lines and causing the defogger to stop there and that there may be a repair kit if thats the problem to bridge the broken gap. any thoughts on this would be helpfull.
now the other problem is my drivers side power seat is not working. the heated seat part works fine..no problems. however the seat will not move nor will the motor make a noise when the switch or back n forth buttons are pushed. i'm not sure if its a dead motor or a broken switch. the wires all appear to be intact but so i'm just not sure what to do about this. luckily the seat is exactly where i need it for me. however i havent needed to adjust the seat so i don't even know when it stopped working to. there have been no other problems with the seats ever. and the passenger side seat works perfect. any help with these problems would be great.

just another note to my problem

another thing i forgot to mention was all the fuses are intact however i have no idea which relay would control the drivers seat in the fuse box under the hood...if i knew exactly which one it was it wud be a huge help.

check the power connector for the seat, see if there's any corrosion

from there you're gunna have to beak out the multimeter.

Back