• Register Today It's free!

Power steering acting up

gamecocks

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer
The day after i put my 285s on I get this weird "twitch" in the steering wheel occasionally, Thought it was bump steer but why would it start the day after??

My friend said it was air bubbles in the power sterring pump and itll go away but its been a day or 2 now and it still does it. Yesterday when i parked it was making a sound like a groan when i turned the wheels but only got that once...
BTW i only get the twitch at ~35 and lower

Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it is air in the system, just turn the wheel from lock to lock a couple of times and Bob's your uncle!!

Already tried it, sorry i forgot to mention that
Thanks though

Thought it was gonna be a quick fix!

Lol i hope it still is! I replaced the serp belt the other day the tensioner didnt seem bad but it still chips evey now and again i was thinking maybe the tensioner is bad and the belt is slippin a little causing the pwr steering pump to surge...?

Low power steering fluid? Might be that bigger tires might of just exaggerated the symptoms/problems?

fluid level is good, but might need to be changed, im gonna look at that tomorrow... still keeping my fingeres crossed that its something simple. Maybe no sway bar too? Im gonna connect it back up and get back at ya thanks for the replies

Back